“Mother’s best recipe for an old-fashioned favorite. Easy dinner menu as guests arrive for the holiday and the roast is fall-apart tender! Tastes great with baked bread raised from frozen dough.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 1/2 hours
3-4 lb. Tri-Tip Beef Roast (substitute: Eye of Round)
1 envelope Italian Dressing Mix
2 cans Beer
1 pound Baby Carrots
2 medium Yellow Onions, quartered
1 pound Zucchini
1 pound small, new Potatoes
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
2 tablespoons Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Heat Dutch oven on high.
- Add 1 tablespoon Oil.
- Sear Roast quickly on all sides, until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Beer.
- Add Dressing Mix.
- Bake, covered, at 300 degrees for 4-5 hours (up to 8 hours until fork tender).
- Turn roast once.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup water to condensed gravy, if necessary.
- Toss Vegetables with Oil in gallon plastic bag.
- Add Salt and Pepper. Toss again.
- Bake at 300 degrees in a large, 2-inch deep cast-iron skillet for 45 minutes, stirring once.
- Place Roast & Vegetables on serving platter and serve with gravy alongside.
Yum: 50 Best Recipes, Outstanding Food for Families (Longing to be Loved Book 2) - Kindle edition by Terri Lynn Murphy. Cookbooks, Food & Wine Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.