“Very tender with a robust flavor. The family loves it. An excellent alternative to grilling steaks. Serve with cold potato salad and baked beans. Great!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours
3 pound Beef Brisket, fat trimmed
1 Lemon, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Honey
1 Lime, thinly sliced
2 cups Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 small jar minced Garlic
1. On Friday night, poke holes in Brisket with knife. Put in plastic bag.
2. Pour in Worcestershire Sauce.
3. Place Lemon and Lime inside bag around Brisket.
4. Pour in Honey.
5. Squeeze bag to mix ingredients around and through Brisket.
6. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning once.
7. In the morning set out and bring to room temperature.
8. Remove Brisket from marinade and discard marinate.
9. Salt and Pepper both sides of the Brisket.
10. Smear each side of Brisket generously with the minced Garlic.
11. Sear both sides of Brisket on the grill or in a cast-iron skillet on high, about 3-4 minutes per side.
12. Place in slow cooker on low for at least 6 hours.
13. Or seal in foil and cook in oven at least 6 hours at 250 degrees.